Sunday, September 19, 2010

Music Heals the Soul

A good friend of mine once said, on a late night walk back home...

"I believe the voice is a unique and innate human quality that connects our spirit directly to the Creator ((God))"

   I have to say, I couldn't agree more. There is something absolutely stunning about the human voice and the very essence of the music we create that just simply seems out of this world.

       ......and I really believe that these soulful sounds & expressions deeply connect us with our divine roots, as well.

It is not only true that singing and listening to music can beautifully lift one's spirits, but there is something simply breathtaking and nurturing about the experience. Music is therapeutic and has the power to heal. Why? Well because we are releasing our troubles and allowing this energy to transform into a wonderfully new & positive healing force. Almost as if a life-altering evolution occurs, deep within the soul, which then engages our earth-shattering potential to rise above the smallest or worst of tragedies.

Songs are powerful! and I find that this healing transition and evolution of the soul can be closely compared to something like a caterpillar's metamorphosis

                    ....as it transforms into the amazingly free & captivating beauty of a butterfly.

As I took a journey this morning to the studio where I will begin holding my first yoga classes, I took some time quietly admiring the dance room with hard wood floors. And then right there, with no one around, I plugged in my music and allowed the sounds to fill the space around me. Instinctively I began flowing, dancing, and singing to myself in the small enclosed studio. The experience was magical and the acoustics of the room was bewildering! *Absolutely Positively Phenomenal*

May you all dance to the rhythm of life. Always, as if no one is watching!

Love & Wellness,

Nicolasa : )

No comments:

Post a Comment