Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life is Stranger than Fiction

"As Harold took a bite of a Bavarian sugar cookie, he finally felt as if everything was going to be ok. Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies. And, fortunately, when there aren't any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace..."


This passage really hit the spot for me about life's little miracles and joys. It is so easy to get trapped in daily routine and forget that life is truly about living out every ounce we have in us. To be the person we all want to be before our metaphorical time clock has stopped and our last breath has left us.   


I more often than not find excuses not to waste my "time" watching mindless movies. Which for the most part tends to be the healthiest choice for me. Yet, every once in a while a meaningful movie comes along my way that teaches me something new. I especially cherish those films that cause one to ponder about life's idiosyncrasies or perhaps ignites some fresh perspectives about our journeys here.


Anyhow, I thought yesterdays' movie night was well worth the 113 minutes and wanted to share this lovely quote with you from the 2006 flick "Stranger than Fiction." If you haven't seen it, it is a very touching movie and should definitely be watched with family and/or friends alike. 


That & cookies are amazing aren't they. One of life's little pleasures that can quickly bring a smile to our faces :)


"Herehave a cookie. I promise, by the time you get done eating it, you'll feel right as rain"


hah, also one of my favorite cookies quotes. Think you can guess where it's from ;)


Stay Sweet,


Yogini NV

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, wonderful to see that you have chosen a blog rather then creating your on site. Although, it is quite rewarding to make your one website nevertheless, it can be difficult and time consuming if one has never made a site before.

    I really like your cookie quotes and can relate the most to the second one as it refers to a movie I like very much. I will make a note of it to watch "Stranger Then Fiction" with Mami y Apu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for following! You're the best Bro ever : )

    ReplyDelete